Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oh the awkwardness

I had a patient interview today that went fantastically. I really feel better about interviewing and have almost all the main parts of the history memorized.

All except for one part of it.

Him (dark-skinned): "I have a lot of family back home."
Me: "Home being India?"
Him: "....."
*angry silence*
Him: "Noooo, actually, I come from Venezuela."
Me: 


I squirm in my chair now, just thinking about it. Why would I say that? The instant it came out of my mouth, I was like, "What the heck, K8?"

Luckily, not making sweeping generalizations for the rest of the interview seemed to save me.

Dag nab it.

1 comment:

  1. My personal favourite awkward interview moment was saying to a man "Oh, I see you brought your daughter to your appointment" when of course it was his wife.

    ReplyDelete