Sunday, August 28, 2011

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried

Last Friday was something out of the Twilight Zone.

Our first lecturer for the day had the idea that she was going to fit 97 slides into a 50 minute lecture. Can you guess how well that went?

Slide 56-97 were a blur. Because of "time constraints" (SHOCKING), she covered 40 lecture slides in less than 5 minutes. Which mainly consisted of her advancing 8 slides, saying one sentence, and advancing 8 more slides. But, oh yeah, we're still expected to know that stuff for our exam.

And worse, yes, that material will be on the boards. Details.

Then I went to the butcher where I saw the sign:

"Get 10% off if you come in with your child wearing a backpack"

What does that even mean? Do I just need a child and a backpack? Do I need to be wearing the backpack to get the discount? Or does my child need to be wearing a backpack? Does it have to be my child?

I'll admit, I was pretty tempted to ask to borrow a child briefly from a fellow shopper.

And weirder still, what do children and backpacks have to do with buying meat? Is it some weird back-to-school promotion?

At the butcher management meeting: "You know what? I bet parents will start feeding their children again now that school has started."

And really, why would you want children in your butcher shop? I feel like that's an insurance nightmare waiting to happen.

Still shaking my head from the butcher shop, I walked outside to find two people walking precariously on a thin wooden guard rail:

Like this, only MUCH thinner
And they are walking while carrying 20 lb bags of dog food....

ON THEIR HEADS.

You heard me.

To top it off, I went to the gym to take a cardio kickboxing class. At the end of our class, we practiced punching a person after they already went down. Yes, we practiced holding them in place while pummeling them. Thankfully we didn't use actual classmates or anything...but still. A little extreme for an exercise class isn't it?

And thus ended one of the weirder days I've had in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment