Sunday, July 10, 2011

Hypocrite

Oh goodness, I've done it now. I promised myself and others that I would never buy it. I remember the unveiling, and I was unimpressed. A giant touch screen that could only run one program at a time, had no easily accessible ports (like USB, HDMI) and couldn't even make a call.

Yes, ladies and gentelemen, I bought an iPad today.

I dub thee "Scribbles"
*scream of horror*
*dum dum dum*

But I promise I still believe it has shortcomings. In fact, I'm not really impressed with the tablet market at all. I always envisioned a tablet as something you could write on like a piece of paper. But it turns out that none of the tablets (including the iPad) have the functionality worked out that well yet. But the iPad has the best note-taking programs so far, the best stylus, and the most fine detail work allowed out of a 7" or above tablet I've seen.

I was finally put over the edge when I tried out the on-screen keyboard. "What is this clunky thing? I don't want to use a stylus to push these buttons?" Then it dawned on me: I could type on the iPad like a regular keyboard. I didn't need a plug-in or bluetooth keyboard. Ooooohhhh.

And of course, the presentation of the iPad is immaculate. The black border is sexy. The options of covers are tailored to boys and girls. It is light as a paperback book. And including the accessories I want to buy for it, the same price as the Android tablets.

One of these days, I will do an update solely using the notetaking applications on Scribbles.

I can admit when I've made a mistake. My mistake was to tell people I'll never buy one. I am still not impressed with the iPad, but it's like our elections: you have to choose the best out of two evils.

It's like Eve's apple...

1 comment:

  1. Kate, you have done a wonderful job on this. I can't wait to follow your journey.

    ReplyDelete